Sam Dawson

Ancient Blaupunkt AUX in headache

Hi all! First post on this forum, hope you can help. :rolleyes:

I've recently inherited/bought my Dad's Storm. It's got a dealer fitted Blaupunkt RCM 168 Ravenna head unit but the disc changer was never fitted. I want to keep the head unit but as I don't listen to CDs much I read in the manual that I can obtain an AUX in lead with 3.5mm jack which fits into the disc changer socket on the back of the head. I can find lots of these for later model Blaupunkts but the plugs are much smaller and don't look like they will fit my older model. :bonk:

Can anybody point me in the right direction? :scratch:

Thanks for reading

Sam

Ain't no advice until we see some pics of this lovely inheritance of yours....!!!!:smug:

As long as you abide by the conditions above :-) here's the info,

The back of your unit should look like this;

6u3y8e2a.jpg

Power at the bottom, speakers in the middle and at the top....erytyna3.jpg

The iso connector is made if three parts, the one for the multichanger/iPod is this one;

yjepu3u4.jpg

You can install this on its own.

Edited by science

Thank you both for your replies. That's just the information I was after. As soon as I get a chance I'll stick some photos up on this thread.

Regards

Sam

Hi Sam,

I have the exact same task.

Were you able to figure out how to connect an AUX in lead with 3.5mm jack ?

Thanks,

Edward

With one of these I expect - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004S6N8WO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004T2VAH2&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=19NZ5161CE1M498N3J4E

I warn you now though, you will probably get a lot of that irritating "Blip blip da plip plip buzzzzzzz" noise from your phone through the speakers.

I recently bought something similar for my MK4 Gamma stereo and I have to put my iphone in Aeroplane mode, which is no biggy as I don't ever look at my phone whilst driving anyway. And neither should anyone else ;)