VR6 Lee

Rear Bearings

Anyone ever used these before

SNR Wheel Bearing Kit

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_2.9_1995/p/car-parts/car-transmission/transmission-parts/wheel-bearing-and-wheel-hub/?628440630&1&855353a1e6497581e7b9742f038619913e6108e4&000370

Trying to save money as its not easy running my household at the moment.

---------- Post added at 8:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:56 AM ----------

unless anyone has some gen vw ones sitting around

I think SNR are also the OEM manufacturer of the front bearings, so you should be ok. SKF also do them (not sure if they are still supplied directly)

oemparts.co.uk do SKF bearings about £13 a side, they also sell on ebay but its slightly cheaper to go direct to their website.

I noticed they also do SKF disks with "integrated bearings" which might mean they are supplied already pressed in. I was going to ask but didn't bother in the end as I got VAG disks from veedubmachine and only bought the bearings from oemparts.

either skf or snr are fine. I bought skf recently from ebay if you go the skf route you need VKBA 529 for a VR rear bearing

Got all my parts to fit my new discs, mk 4 calipers etc and was wondering if you have to do anything special with the fitting of the inner and outer bearings, do they both need pressing in or is it just the inner one that needs pressing

they both need pressing in, I used a 30mm socket that's slightly shaved to press the smaller one in and to press the bigger one in I used a piece of 1 1/2" steel pipe ,

I picked up a drift punch from a car both sale, just worked around it tapping away. worked well once I got it going and a lot easier than I thought it would be.