Mawrick

Would a faulty intake air temp sensor show up in vag-com - and what symptoms ?

Could this sensor cause the car to be hard to start when warm (meaning, it will always start, but I will sometimes (most time) have to crank it more than "normal").

If it's faulty should it show up in vag-com ?

95 VR6

Id like to know this aswell as its a oroblem im trying to sort , mine starts fine from cold , but once its been ran to temp and cut out it takes a bit to start.

Im not sure hiw knowledgable you are with the car but im led to believe it could be more like the blue temp sender on the thermo housing

The blue temp sender definitely shows up, can't remember if IAT does but I think so. You can see it in one of the Engine measuring blocks as well though, so you can look at the reported temperature and see if it's sensible. Mine read 58deg after a 10-minute (spirited) drive, heatsoak is a big problem with the stock sensor in the stock location! I'm moving mine to the MAF body - and using a 1.8t sensor - so it should become a lot more accurate. This is a plausible cause of hot-start problems as a high IAT reading will make the ECU reduce the fuelling, and you need a touch more to start it so it'll struggle if it's not getting enough...

Stone

the IAT has a very limited effect on fuel metering, if disconnected it defaults to 20 degrees centigrade iirc

the blue temp sensor has a bigger effect,

could be a stiking injector when hot,

see if there's pressure by trying to pinch and bent the the supply fuel line to the fuel rail