bradv8

g60 hydro carbons

hi all my g60 went for the mot the other day and failed pretty damn miserably on the hydrocarbons which were up close to 3000everything else was fine with the emmisions, does anyone know how i could cure this??

its got a straight through exhaust n sns stage 2 chip with a stage 2 charger from jabber on it, doesnt need a cat as is before august 1992

anyone with any input please help!! n is there any adjusters anywhere that i could fiddle with!

cheers all

Something's wrong as they should run really clean being supercharged...

Does the oil smell of fuel? - if so change it and get the lambda checked out.

How quick does it feel?? could just need setting up

Clive Attowe in Norwich is a good place to go for diags / tuning etc

It's pretty damn flat at the min n stinks of fuel! It's been a project that I've been doing for a while n got all the parts from various people of here n eBay lol will probably get another lamba sensor n give that ago, what's the screw on the back if the throttle body for ?

I should really take it to some one like Clive atthowe in Norwich but need it moted to be able to drive it!

Does your idle switch engage?

This caused mine to clog up the emissions tester on my last mot.

They tried setting it up but was pointless with idle switch not engaging.

Ensure the lambda probe is connected to an earth and make sure it is a good one. It should be earthed to the engine mount.

hi all

managed to sort the problem out n it was the co pot, adjusted it to around 600ohms n its passed, tried the 450 ohms n was still really high but its now sorted n passed the mot! cheers lads

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

hi all

managed to sort the problem out n it was the co pot, adjusted it to around 600ohms n its passed, tried the 450 ohms n was still really high but its now sorted n passed the mot! cheers lads