Sign in to follow this  
crazymarcel

Wiring up heated seats?

This is an earlier post of mine:

This pic http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/download.php?id=29708 shows where the loom plugs into the junction connector on the top rear of the Corrado fusebox. The power (black) and switch lighting (blue / gray) both plug in here. You will need to flip the fusebox down to get at them... The three black (grey looking) connectors plugged in the top are all switched 12v - you can see there is a spare slot for another connector on the left. The lighting block is to the right of it and has the same spare slot (on my '92 G60...)

EDIT - the info re the 12v supply (black) is correct and the picture above shows where this plugs in. The similar block on the back of the fuse box to the right of the pictured power connector actually contains blue / white cables, not blue / grey and is therefore speed signal, not dash illumination. I have not found an easy plug in for dash illumination yet but is is easy to find some blue / grey cables goiung to every dash switch etc and just patch it in.

Just to clarify, on the factory loom, only the black is necessary (12v) - the blue / grey is just the illumination of the heated seat switches. On the factory loom, the earth (brown) connection is by the relays at the left hand side of the passenger footwell.

Chris.

we've got a spare heated seat loom including the relays. Think we've got an early dash switch to go with it aswell. Pm if interested

Nice one

Gav