Purple Tom

Wanted - cheap as chips 16v front end components

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap as possible 8V/16V/G60 front subframe, crossmember and scrap engine mounts, if possible.

This is to fit to a car that I'm breaking in order to also dispose of an 8V engine and broken gearbox that I can't even give away. I may as well bolt it into the car and get the extra scrap value from the weight of those parts.

If anyone had anything then please let me know - doesnt matter about the condition , as long as it'll bolt on and support an engine.

Cheers

Tom

Wierd that you can't shift it, you tried golf people? car is deffinately worth more broken than weighed in.

I might have the cross member lying about and surplus mounts you could have, its in west yorks BD13 near Halifax if thats any use if you're ever passing.

no posting sorry

Yeah I've advertised it before - I may try it on eBay one more time before I weigh the car in. I was going to bolt it into the VR6 that I'm breaking, as in take the VR6 out, strip the shell etc then just shove the 8V and broken gearbox in to weigh it in. Thanks for the offer of the parts, I'll let you know on them :-)

Tom

Why not just throw the engine inside the shell?

It's not a 2E, its an ADY. Give me a tenner and you can have the lot if you want it!

I had a PM on another forum from a lad wanting a 2E for a scirocco project, I've linked this thread to him. Is the bottom end OK?

Yeah its fine, it only came out because of the TDi conversion. Never dirtied its oil and ran quietly and smoothly.

Yeah its fine, it only came out because of the TDi conversion. Never dirtied its oil and ran quietly and smoothly.

I've PM'd him, he works nights so I wont get messaged back until late afternoon