carrots

getting the wheel on

hi just bought some bbs copy wheels offset 35 but they are catching the calipers on the front.ive bought some 3mm spacers the cheap universal type.has anyone got a way of lineing everything up to get the wheel bolts in.

You can buy a little rod with a thread on the end that screws into the hub, i just got one off ebay. Wheel aligner tool or something. Struggled for 7yrs without one and love it now.

My brake discs spin on the hub (little screw sheared off) so it always been a pain lining wheels up with the holes.

cheers i will have a look for one of them,my disc spins on hub aswell.i think if i would of bought hubcentric spacers it might of been easyer

If the spacers are the type that are to accomodate various stud patterns then dont bother with them. Look on ebay you can get 3mm 5x100 spacers or 4x100 and the centre hole fits perfectly over the hub. They work a treat. Not expensive.

EDIT - just looking on there now. I got some 5x100 3mm spacers for about £15 on ebay. None that cheap now, but there is some for £25. Wouldnt have to worry with wheel wobble or anything.

Edited by Critical_Mass

do you mean the hubcentric type.ive never used spacers before whats wheel wobble.gettin worried

yeah they're hubcentric. Wheel wobble is when the spacer isnt completely central to the hub and cant cause the steering wheel to shake. Can cause wheels to come off as it stresses the bolts, but i think thats just extreme cases. Still, id avoid them. Ive had a set of the 3mm hubcentric ones on the corrado for a for about 2 years and no issues. Worth spending the cash on them. Bin the universal ones.

Edited by Critical_Mass