Sign in to follow this  
dtjames

Road Angel & ipaq H4150 PDC = Sat Nav.

Hi again - hope you are all well.

Have I done the right thing? I bought an HP ipaq h4150 PDA to accompany my Road Angel, in order to have TomTom software running to give me full, voiced satellite navigation.

Has anyone else got any evidence to prove that this will be a good as I think ?!

Also, I discovered that my road angel is the 4800 bps not the 9600 bps one. Blackspot say that it is not a problem to update the firmware, but does anyone know if I can do it myself?

if you have an ipaq with tomtom you can download a plugin piece of software that shows were all the speed cameras are and gives you a warning. just as reliable as the road angel and saves you £££.

The ipaq arrived today, and I wanted to use my Road Angel to avoid buying another GPS receiver.

btw... the tomtom software IS a camera alerter, but it does NOT detect the "mobile" camers. The Road Angel does.

:D

Dell Axim X3i with the tom tom coming soon, cant wait. Does the Road Angel integrate with the PDA?

wooosh, straight over my head!

Phat VR,

the iPaq 4150 and Dell X3i's are small hand held PC's about the size of two fag packets. They cost about £200. The Tom Tom software is sat nav software, that works with a GPS widget on these little computers. Hence they are portable sat nav that you can use in any car, or if your like my wife and likely to get lost on a long walk, anywhere on the move.