UseOnceDestroy

What Fuel Pump?

Could someone please recommend the best fuel pump for a 1994 VR6.

The part number on my pump is 535919051A and has a 4 pin connection.

I've been quoted about £180 from VW, the Bosch on Euro Car Parts is £160 and there's another for £90.

I've been reading older threads which mention upgraded fuel pumps, but these posts are from 2006.

I'm desperate to get this sorted asap as I have a lot planned this weekend!! But I don't want to panic buy something that is either too expensive or of inferior quality.

Any advice would be much appreciated, cheers.

Can't help with the standard fuel pumps but my advice would be to steer well clear of the uprated aftermarket Sytec type. I had a problem with my car cutting out if I threw it round the bends when the fuel level dropped below half a tank. After doing a bit of research and speaking with Vince at Stealth, he said it sounded like I had a Sytec pump in my car and because they are shorter than standard pumps, even with his adapter plate they don't reach the bottom of the tank and this causes the symptoms I was experiencing, so he advises his customers not to run the fuel tank below 1/3 tank.

Gonna be a right bundle of laughs driving to Wörthersee and stopping every 200 miles or so to fill up...

Edited by Jamie

Cheers for the heads up Jamie© and well found robrado974, just saved me £40!

You're confident in the quality of this one then I assume?

I'll get she ordered today :D

Cheers for your help.

Bosch is a trusted name , if my new pipes and removing the stupid fuel device does not work then I will go for this one , I rang a new carpart company today , for the same Bosch part they wanted £488.00 !!!!!