coullstar

Alcantara steering wheel

Anybody done this on a standard wheel? I have a couple spare and I really like the one in my RS4 so might get one re-trimmed with this.

I did mine, Alcantara centre and leather outer....

Makes a nice change and nice and comfortable. You will probably have to remove the existing leather as it may move too much to trim unless yours is nice and tight. If you can go over the top it should make it a bit chunkier.

Alright as a weekend thing, but as a daily they do tend get too dirty from the natural oils on your hands very quickly.

It more for track based things to be honest and wanting to keep the interior looking OEM. I believe you can just do it over existing wheel. Who did yours?

It more for track based things to be honest and wanting to keep the interior looking OEM. I believe you can just do it over existing wheel. Who did yours?

K Baggs did mine, well one of the lads privately. PM me if you would like his details. Based I'm Poole Dorset.

He also did Harriers Recaros.

He had to remove my leather first and said the finish wouldn't have been as good. You may get away going on the top of the existing but he couldn't do that to mine. So it's the same thickness as oem.

I might do another wheel and see if it can be made to be a bit chunkier...

Mmm, Im visiting my brother in Poole next month, I could send it down and pick it up while Im there. Send his details on please.