Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

coolrado's gallery BBM boost pipes fitted.

i think your dog has been eating all the pies!

yeah thats Boris who is a Bouvier des Flandres crossed with a rottweiler, and he is an 11stone wimp and wouldnt leave me alone when i was taking the photos.

not to sure about those press stud lookin things on it,hope they don't catch on the bonnet when it starts flappin about?

nah there not press studs they are stupidly strong magnets, they are just to stop the rear edge lifting at speed.

my mum is an upholsterer so i just used her industrial sewing machine (which uses a clutch instead of a variable speed so its a bit scary) its made from heavy duty vinyl on the top triple stitched to a layer of synthetic soft material underneath so it wont scratch the bonnet, i have changed it a bit since i took the photo's, the magnets are now stitched into the lining so they cant be seen, there is now a carbon fibre rod on the rear edge to stiffen it, and i replaced the strong elastic strap that goes around the bonnet with an adjustable strap so i could tension it better as the elastic went too slack with the engine heat.

it copes to 100 without flapping so it should be ok.

i am pretty good with a sewing machine and have re-covered a couple of sets of car seats before, including re-trimming my old mr2 in leather, i sold the seats from that for 150 quid when i scrapped it.

got my BBM boost pipes from G-Werks today and they seem like a very well made piece of kit, shame they are let down by the rest of the grubby engine bay.

thats how i've done my spare rocker cover 8) can't u get the boost pipes in a polished finish?

yeah you can but as the car is going to be doing loads of miles soon i went for the lower maintainance option :lol:

highlighting the vw logo was simple i just poured enamel paint into the recessed part and it just self leveled.

thats how did mine,i also did the grooves that run all the way across the top of the rocker,thast harder :lol: