Thom

Gear selector shaft/housing part numbers

Hi,

I've been trying to get hold of a replacement gear selector housing for my 9a. The old part has the number: 02A 301 232 C, however I can't find any record of this part having existed online or through the dealers.

The most similar looking part is 02A 301 231C/02A 301 231 H. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct part for a 2L 16v, CGY gearbox? It looks identical, but I just know that some have different internal measurements.

Cheers :-)

a 2L 9A will have the wider bottom bearing (VW logo in the cap on the bottom of the box), there are a number of towers that will fit this from any golf/passat etc from 1992 on using the 02a box, some have a ball on the shaft that slows the gears down for reverse but this still fits. just avoid the early towers with the un-weighted shift as they'll use the early small bearing and have the wrong cable connectors/relay arms and different height tower top.

see post #13 here: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=37728&page=2&highlight=gear+selector

I've got an 02a tower from an early MK3 16V gearbox

Hi, cheers for the info davidwort, that's a great help. It turns out the one I want is 02A 301 232 G (the stamp on the side is very unclear) Dox, I'm guessing this is from a 93/94 car? Any chance you can tell me if it's weighted and condition/price? Please PM me.

Thanks again :-)

IMAG0257_zps3625fa2a.jpg

IMAG0258_zps85ba84fb.jpg

Its caked in grease and crud, its just taken half a can of brake cleaner to uncover that part number. I bought the gearbox off a local lad and I'm using 02J shifter and tower from a MK4 so I've never used this gearbox or shift tower.

The car was an early MK3 Golf gti 8V with the oblong side repeaters on the wing (M plate and older)

Hi m8, thanks for that :-), what would you like for it, inc postage to Eastbourne?

Cheers

Thom

It weighs over 2KGs without packaging, so that's around £10 with royal mail, so £25 all in?

Done.....do you have a paypal account? If so, if you give me ur paypal address I'll send you over a payment with my postal address this evening, unless you'd prefer a bank transfer?

Thanks again!

:-)

Done.....do you have a paypal account? If so, if you give me ur paypal address I'll send you over a payment with my postal address this evening, unless you'd prefer a bank transfer?

Thanks again!

:-)

Will pm papal stuff in the morning and post tomorrow afternoon.

Posted parcelforce 48 (cheapest signed for!), 2.135KG was £12.92.

Barcode via PM ;)