sexybourbon

padded cycling shorts and helmits

Just a heads up , sports direct are having a sale and muddyfox padded arse pants are a tenner , and nice looking helmits are 20 pounds , saves having a sore bum and head !

---------- Post added at 3:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:51 PM ----------

Ooooops ! Helmets !!

Just a heads up , sports direct are having a sale and muddyfox padded arse pants are a tenner , and nice looking helmits are 20 pounds , saves having a sore bum and head !

---------- Post added at 3:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:51 PM ----------

Ooooops ! Helmets !!

padded :) gels the way to go.... is your head only worth £20 :)

To be honest its like a gel feel , and if it was 50 pounds would it be ok to protect my head , its on sale so a good deal , and they have to meet standards anyway otherwise they wouldnt be able to shelve them

To be honest its like a gel feel , and if it was 50 pounds would it be ok to protect my head , its on sale so a good deal , and they have to meet standards anyway otherwise they wouldnt be able to shelve them

bargain then... thanks for the heads up

Been getting out on my bike a bit more recently and was thinking of getting a helmet - I've never really used em (other than when hiring a mountain bike in the lakes) but I suppose there is no denying their benefit! Can anybody recommend a worthwhile brand to go for or is it just a case of buying randomly? eg is it worth spending £60 as opposed to £20??

I guess the answer is what ever feels comfy for you to wear and it,s something you are going to want to wear.

Always buy one with an internal shell not one of these cheap foam ones, but I guess anything is better than nothing.

Make sure it's got some sort of ratchet mechanism at the back for adjustment. And adjustment under he chin.

Not many people know that lids have used by dates, maybe a manufactures ploy but materials do break up over time.

Just because a helmet has an ANSA sticker inside it doesn't mean it's gonna be much use. Some helmets are tested to only a 7 MPH Impact and i can guess this is one of them.

I'd rather not bother than wear something of that quality, if though as already said it has been reduced from £35/40 then the standard will indeed be much higher. :)

Im the same as vornwend here tbh , as much as i like my head iv always been the kind of rider that never wears a helmet , although iv never done a massive amount of riding , so in this case its better than nothing , it does have a like a twist thing at the back to tighten it up tho , ill put a pic and some info up wen i get to work

I had a nose on the sports direct site out of interest.

My theory is spend as much as you can afford you only have one head.

I dont really wear a helmet glad I did recently as I had a nasty crash recently at 7MPH ish and cracked mine on the fall.

It was a MET Terra from halford bought it on offer some time ago and only started to use it recently. When I did my research people mentioned about getting one with Good vents to keep your head cool, lightweight as if your not wearing a helmet and with internal dial adjusters for a snug fit so no wobbling side to side when on your head.

I will be getting another MET Terra.

Doesn't take a high speed crash to damage your brain, just falling off at low speed and landing your head on a prominant chipping could crack your skull open and change your life. Helmets are essential in my opinion.....preachy bit over....

Make sure Its comfortable though, I find the cheaper ones like Bell etc. are horible to wear and will encourage you not wear it.

Ive got one made by kask now and although it was quite pricey its worth every penny as its light, easy to fit and comfortable.

Good points being made. I think how comfortable it feels will be a critical factor for me so I think I'll pop into Halfords to try a few on. I appear to have a big head too (60/61cm) so that may restrict my choice a bit :afro:

Defo worth a getting a helmet Vaughan mine is only a cheap one but I'm glad I wore it on my recent off as I landed pretty much with my feet in the air. My shoulder tool the brunt tho