Wompa

Air Ducts VR6 Radiator

Hello.

Im looking for these:

535121283J

535121282A

I think that they are the same on LHD and RHD cars...

Its the side plastic for the radiator, the air ducts that channel the air true the radiator instead of on the sides.

Anybody?

You need to be able to send to Sweden.

Cheers!

//Thomas

Hi Wompa,

You might get lucky finding a second hand pair of these Radiator air guides but they are extremely rare, I've been looking for a while and no luck.

Last year they were still available from VW dealers but they're very expensive pieces of plastic!

Most of them have been cracked, split, broken or lost over the years, you may have to buy genuine brand new parts in Sweden.

Good luck mate.

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks for the up mate!

I didnt even know that the Corrado had this ducts... never seen them, but it must have been a factory fit from the begining or was it some kind of extra?

I will look out but maybe I need to order these new... we will see!

Cheers!

They were standard factory fit items but alot of Corrados no longer have them fitted due to the air guides or ducts being broken, removed or lost over the years and a few radiators being replaced per car. The UK VW dealers describe them as air guides on the ETKA system.

It's a similar story with the under engine corner plastic air guides too, I did find a pair of those on here off a late 8v car, again, hard to find, rare bits of plastic!

Don't wait too long to find a set though, as brand new VW plastic trim Corrado parts in the UK are becoming obsolete pretty quickly these days, if I were you I'd call your local VW dealer and get a price and availability. If obsolete then try VWclassicparts.de in Germany or VW Heritage / Classic Parts in the UK.

Or also try VW Vortex forum in the US or the VR6 owners club forum in the UK. Good luck!

I called VW a couple of weeks ago to get a price on a late VR6 wheel hub with ABS rotor, drivers side front, now obsolete and back order only from Germany!

Although these may now be back in UK stock, it's a parts lottery sometimes.

Check the breaking section on here too, you might get lucky.