Wendy

Monthly Meet - Sunday 18th August. Oxfordshire/Warwickshire Border

17/08/13 - Event Cancelled

Well, I think it may be the Bi-Monthly Meet, if the last few months are anything to go by.

Been busy, socially which is brilliant.

I was hoping to be organising a meet at Da Corrado Resturant for Sunday Lunch in Solihull - sadly I fell over at the first hurdle. It does not open on Sundays !!!

So, not to be deterred.

Lets have a meet at 'Burton Dassett Country Park; at 12.30pm and Bring a Picnic

We could go out for a drive around the local area, if we fancy stretching the legs of the cars and seeing some lovely countryside.

I will try to put my 'Go Slow (Well for me) head on !!!

This is situated at 'The Burton Dassett Hill, Burton Dassett Country Park, nr Southam, Warwickshire. (A few miles north of the North Oxfordshire border)

I suggest a picnic, there are tables scattered over the hills which have amazing views. We also would be able to get some amazing photographs if anyone is good with a camera of the car. See link for example - http://countryparks.warwickshire.gov.uk/country-parks/burton-dassett-hills-country-park/

It is a good family location, so outdoor games would be good. (We could all join in) There are often Kite Flyers, Radio Controlled vehicles Folk, Dog Walkers around. There is a woodland nature trail too. In Winter it is a brilliant place for sledging. Not forgetting the Sheep who share the land

Anyway who fancies joining in this meet ?

Names please;-

Me - Wendy

Tempest - Eric

VR6 Dude - Miles

Edited by Wendy

You will kill me - but I'm away that weekend :(

Well, lucky you heh that it is not Da Corrado ? !!!

Have to pick a Saturday Lunch sometime for that one

Weekends not great for me but I'll see what I can do. If I could it I wouldn't be there until 2 at the earliest.

Sounds great, it's quite far for me. I have relatives in Solihull so if I can kill two birds with one stone it may be viable..a possible maybe is my position currently!..

Afraid weekends aren't great for me either, plus am moving house that weekend so afraid it's a no this time.

Hi, I am afraid I am away on holiday with the family in Cornwall that weekend so will not be able to make the meet.

Any others ?

Others things in local area:-

There is a food Festival in Banbury starting at 10.30 that day - in the Market Square, which might be worth a visit before or after - .http://www.thefestivalcalendar.co.uk/festivals/food/Banbury_Food_Fair_2013

Plus there is a Battle of Southam event - starting at 11am - http://www.southamcouncil-warks.gov.uk/whatson.htm#d130817

Might be worth a peek too.

But mainly join the picnic/Corrado meet ..................

Do any Rado owners from Surrey ever meet up...... and where? :shrug: Looks to be quite a few Surrey owners on here.

Edited by VR-Sixy

Well, lucky you heh that it is not Da Corrado ? !!!

Have to pick a Saturday Lunch sometime for that one

Well would you believe it......i work literally around the corner from Da Corrado!

I had always thought it would be a good place to get a nice pic of the rado outside of the building & get their signage in the pic :D lol

I also know of a very good & very nice cider house just down the road from there which has a garden alongside the canal - the bluebell makes for a picturesque pint of scrumpy on a sunny day

I will check out if can make the 18th as southam is not too far away & has a plethora of nice drive options to get there & back

This sounds brilliant but sadly don't think I'll be able to make it on Sunday. I'll be there if my current plans fall through!

Extremely unlikely that I can make this one Wendy.....(I'll let you know if I can make it).

Hope it goes well and that the weather is kind.

Event cancelled - not much point with just 3 of us. Shame as great venue and would be fab photo shot.

Weather does not look too great either though.

Miles and Eric - how about - Banbury Food Festival - starts 10.30. Lunch there ?

Give me a call, text, email on google.