timmaaah

Another year another MOT Test YAY!

Just picked the car up after another year's ticket. Both top mounts, front wheel bearing and new axle bushes later and it's all done for another year! No advisories other than a small chip in the windscreen.

I've not got round to replacing the ABS sensor on the front offside wheel, so the abs light has been on. I just unplugged and removed the ABS light from the centre console. Nothing was mentioned :thumbleft:

Mine got KB'd yesterday. Needs a small weld underneath, near the rear seatbelt mounts and the rear outer flexi brake hoses replacing. Not a dear do by any stretch, but a frustration as it sailed through the last two years without even an advisory.

Result on the ABS light. DavidWort had only asked the question last week about some kind of timer/capcitor mod on the ABS bulb. And the chip could probably be covered on your insurance without cost if you're lucky.

It's a relief when you run one as a daily !

Mine got KB'd yesterday. Needs a small weld underneath, near the rear seatbelt mounts and the rear outer flexi brake hoses replacing. Not a dear do by any stretch, but a frustration as it sailed through the last two years without even an advisory.

Result on the ABS light. DavidWort had only asked the question last week about some kind of timer/capcitor mod on the ABS bulb. And the chip could probably be covered on your insurance without cost if you're lucky.

It's a relief when you run one as a daily !

That the valver James, is she still going well?

I must say i'm chuffed to bits with mine, was expecting the worst and it sailed through with no advisories!! Only changed the wipers as well :)

He's still going well thanks Ben. Just basic maintainence to keep him ticking over. Got some new rear discs and bearings to go on soon as one of them has a bit of a rumble. Shame about the welding underneath, but it is very minor. I'll be giving the underneath a full hit next year as there's half a dozen rust developments underneath that I want to catch before they blossom.

At the moment it seems to be a medium fix every other month, but when I ofset the value of the car against the cost of the repairs, it's hardly worth worrying about.

Good to hear of another sailing through. Bravo !

Edited by James.