Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

passat rear handles? which ones..

might seem an easy question, i'm looking to put rear passat handles on, i understand they will need some fiddling to work but which year of passat do i need.? i thought 91'.? :roll:

Yeah my mate says you need the latch mechanism too. Disable the child lockthough!!

Gavin

might seem an easy question, i'm looking to put rear passat handles on, i understand they will need some fiddling to work but which year of passat do i need.? i thought 91'.? :roll:

Basically the grille-less fronted Passat. F-reg to K reg.

Just got mine fitted about 15 minutes ago. You might have problems getting the whole lot to play ball. I ended up having to bend the lever on the lock mechanism up about 3-4mm, and twidling the lil' white plastic bell end on the handle down a fraction to meet it. Then had problems with the internal lock push, more twiddling with the white thing et voila! You gotta colour code em, they look wicked 8)

.... plastic bell end on the....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry very childish of me :oops:

Couldn't think of another name for it! Seems to work pretty well. I ended up calling it someone else when I dropped one of them into the door cavity though :roll:

i was called a bell end today LOL :lol: and yeah fitting them is cool nothing hard you just have to bend a bit of metal... i did mine colour coded and there are proper BLING

clean.JPG

mental :mrgreen:

i thought its a straight forward fitment? is it the striking rod your bending?

does your central locking still work ok?

Where did you manage to get them from? i've been qouted £20 a side for the lock mech and handle 2nd hand.

Sanjay.

Local breakers yard - £20 for the locks and handles both sides. Drill the pin out which holds the child lock switch and bend the release striker up about 3mm, straight swap other than that.

Yep central locking still works, only after you get the striking pin right though. I think that's what was wreaking havoc with mine, got that right and the c locking played along too.

HTH

randal