Ruggy

Cream Wheels

I'm getting my winter wheels powder coated today and I still can't make my mind up on the colour. I've narrowed it down to either standard alloy silver, a mid grey with a bit of shine do they're not too full, but also tempted by going cream.

The wheels are 16" Borbet C and they're going on a Classic Green Corrado.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

i thought about the cream alloys option aswell.

what i plan on doing is refurbing mine in silver and then spraying them with PlastiDip.

when i want a wheel change i can just peel it off and redo it in a different colour.

\Paddy

I'm far too cackhanded to be spraying them myself. I'll just let the powder coaters do their thing. Leaning towards doing them cream, the downside will behaving to keep them clean, bearing in mind they'll be used as winter wheels.

My old Dragon Green Golf3 with cream wheels.

DSCF0765-1.jpg

DSCF0768.jpg

DSCF0773.jpg

DSCF0772.jpg

Edited by seanl82

Cheers Sean, cream does go so well with green cars. What we're they like for keeping clean? I'm guessing brake dust was pretty obvious on them?

Upside of the Borbet C design is that they will be easy to quickly wipe down.

I can't really offer an accurate answer to that as they were DIY'd mate. I didn't seal them afterward either so brake dust and dirt got trapped in the orange peel and was a nightmare to get off! They won't be any different from any other light colour if your having them powdercoated though I wouldn't think. Borbet C's are as you say easy to keep clean which really helps. Enough gap in between the spokes to get all the way to the back with a decent brush too.

Cheers Shaun, appreciate your input. The way the wheels look on your Mk3 has made my mind up for me. On the way to the powder coaters in the next hour for some creamy goodness :camp:

They look fantastic Baron, are they Cayenne wheels?

Wheels have been dropped off, only costing £16 per wheel. They charge £1 per inch for standard colours.

My old Dragon Green Golf3 with cream wheels.

You lived in Plymouth at some point I am guessing? That bloody great wheel wasn't there last time I went down the Hoe.

I did indeed Gar. Moved across in October last year with work. Not sure if we'll end up back down there now, although we still own a house that we Let out. Gotta keep her that wears the trousers happy!

The big Ferris wheel hadn't been up long when those pics were taken though. (Around August 2011 iirc).

Think every City in the country has one now though! :rolleyes: