Martin_B

My Black 16v

Quick update post...

Had to chuck the RX2's on with some half decent part-worns as I thought the budget tyres on the Sebrings were the source of a drone from about 40mph and above, I was wrong though and the noise is still there! (Sebrings are up for sale)

Purchased new leads, cap & rotor arm and managed to break 2 hall sender wires last weekend as the hall sender plug was loose! Purchased a distributor and fitted yesterday and she has never been so good! (in my ownership!) next plan is to set the C02 and ignition timing as I timed it up by ear. Then I may buy new injectors. We'll see.

Purchased some FK lights back in November:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76992[/ATTACH]

Never wanted to fit them as they were so I tinted the bottom half red - fitted them today, need to T-Cut the red as they're a bit flat but I think they're alright so far...

IMG_20140112_143509.jpg

Gave her a wash yesterday (first wash since I bought her back in August last year!) she didn't come up too bad:

20140201_161436.jpg

20140201_161504.jpg

20140201_161418.jpg

20140201_161350.jpg

Halfway through a coilover nightmare! Coilovers I bought have seized lock rings, in touch with FK in Germany so that should hopefully be sorted soon.

Bought a replacement metering head on eBay which was supposedly set up on a rolling road so i'll chuck that on ASAP - fuel economy isn't great currently. I need to have a thermostat fitted too as it's running cool which isn't great for economy either. (or keeping warm!)

I have a lovely small stainless backbox that I got from a Scirocco, brother said he will adapt/weld it on for me:

DSCF1235.jpg

Also got a VW centre section for 99p on eBay (bid by accident!) and again, brother will assist and cut the silencer out for me.

Car is now lowered... Opted for a Weitec 40/40 shock/spring Kit that I came across on eBay, the good thing about this is that Weitec are, in my opinion, very good! And the rears are height adjustable so can go down to around -80mm I think - which means that if I want to go lower at the front (more than likely!) then I will just need to get front springs and the rears can just be adjusted. New top mounts went on too.

I'm yet to go for a spirited drive but she handles a lot better already!

IMG_20140212_181620.jpg

20140214_164813.jpg

20140214_1647340.jpg

Got a new exhaust system to go on, a homebrew affair from eBay but it looks to be a straight through system to a Milltek stianless 'suitcase' silencer with a stainless rear box.