Jon_vr6

Set of 15" Speedline alloys WANTED

As title 4 x 15" OEM Speedline alloys wanted, condition isnt that important (as i would get them refurbished) what is though is that they are straight and not buckled and id like them to have the speedline centre caps too.

Cheers

Jon

I have a set that I offered to somersetdub but he hasn't got back to me Jon. All have very slight curbing but its just paint that has come off, and all have a bit of corrosion where old balance weights have been. All have tyres although none are matching, and two are were advisories on MOT due to cracking between the tread. All have good tread though and I think are safe. (I ran them for around 500 miles like that without ill affect.

I'll PM somersetdub again, but he doesn't get back to me and if you want them, they're yours for £60 plus postage which would be around £40 I believe.

I have a set that I offered to somersetdub but he hasn't got back to me Jon. All have very slight curbing but its just paint that has come off, and all have a bit of corrosion where old balance weights have been. All have tyres although none are matching, and two are were advisories on MOT due to cracking between the tread. All have good tread though and I think are safe. (I ran them for around 500 miles like that without ill affect.

I'll PM somersetdub again, but he doesn't get back to me and if you want them, they're yours for £60 plus postage which would be around £40 I believe.

Just so theres no confusion these are the alloys i want (noticed you have storm solitudes on your profile pic so just wanted to be sure)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75562[/ATTACH]

Here are the Pics as promised.

All wheels have very minor kurbing that isn't really any deeper than the paint itself. The odd bit that is deeper is only very slight, and a rub down will sort this easily which they could do with ideally. As you can see there is corrosion on all from the kurbing marks and from old balance weights, but again its not structural or very deep at all. If you look at my members gallery I only bought them to pass the MOT a few months ago, but I gave them a deep clean and sealant at the time so although they're a little dirty in the pics, they are very clean underneath, and I'll clean em up before sending so they're ready to go straight away.

First is the one with a slow puncture that I forgot to mention, sorry! Its still on the car atm as my new (used) set of RX228s have a flat on the same one which I'm getting replaced Tomorrow. As said there is cracking of the rubber around the edge of the tread and between the pattern, and was an MOT advisory.

20130902_165706_zpsb3ad02b6.jpg

Second is one with a good tyre on, and has around 6mm tread left.

20130902_165746_zps44a2fb6c.jpg

Third is another good tyre, again with around 6mm tread left.

20130902_165801_zpsab5e4781.jpg

Last one again has good tread, but this one has cracks in between the pattern all the way around and was an MOT advisory as well.

20130902_165825_zps10ad5c03.jpg

Here you can see the tread on all three that are off. You may be able to see some of the cracking on the tyre on the one on the left although pics are cameraphone and not great, sorry!.

20130902_165943_zps6423aa68.jpg

I ran these tyres like they are for around 500 miles including a trip to Bristol and back including the National Day at Castle Combe with fast(ish) parade laps, and they were faultless. Obviously with the cracks they could do with changing, but I wouldn't say they were dangerous or anything.

Let me know if they are any good buddy, and we can arrange for courier etc if the other guy doesn't want them.

Best Regards,

Sean.

Yep, all were straight and true, no vibrations or anything at speed. :thumbleft:

Cool im interested, let me know if the other guy doesn't want them

Hi Jon, really sorry mate but the other guy wants them and has paid for them now. Sorry to lead you on buddy but he hadn't received my PMs until today so wasn't aware I'd got back to him. Good luck with your search though mate, all the best.

Sean.

Hello mate got a set of 4 speed lines all with nesr new piolet sport tyres and all centre caps wheels are pretty much mint mate no corrision £250 collected

Hmm interesting put some pics up and ill have a look. Collection isnt a big problem as the GF lives in Northampton which isnt a million miles away from Cambridge. Are they all straight and true no buckles or vibrations at speed?

All streight and true i drove car back huntingdon with no issues drop me a email and ill send some ova