stu37

Corrado VR6 Storm value....????? Advice needed please guys..

Hi everyone.

I know this question is one that sends people crazy as it purely depends on the condition of a car but I am looking for a ballpark figure.

I have a green Corrado VR6 Storm with only 73k on the clock. The interior is in immaculate condition and has been garaged its whole life and been owned by two members of one family.

It has been loved in its life and has all supporting doc's history file, etc.

In 1996 it went back to the dealer to have a Shrick inlet manifold fitted with supporting documentation of which it still has fitted.

The bodywork is in excellent condition with absolutely zero rust , not even a hint underneath the spoiler.

If anyone could help shed some light on what sort of figure would be reasonable as I am stumped with how to price it when putting it up for sale.

Many thanks guys.

Always a tough one - peoples opinions on here will always vary, but I reckon I'd have a go at listing it for sale about £6,500 or maybe even £7,000... yes it's 'generous' but it's a low mileage, seemingly very good condition Storm with a comprehensive history and two owners. I reckon someone looking for a decent example will pay over the odds no problem.

Some people will say "Too expensive - it's just a Corrado" but I reckon you'd get a buyer.

So 2 owner storm with shrick fitted,low miles and mint condition........ between 2k-6k.....?

Nice storm on here recently up at 6k,not sure if its sold but that looks great and gives you an idea of current market.

Thanks Jim and thankyou for your honest opinion, it has been a tough decision to keep her or to let her go but I am in a position to not do her the best justice. I may take a couple of pics this weekend and think about putting her up for sale.

So 2 owner storm with shrick fitted,low miles and mint condition........ between 2k-6k.....?

Nice storm on here recently up at 6k,not sure if its sold but that looks great and gives you an idea of current market.

Why £2k??

Got to be worth £6k if it's as nice as it sounds.

Blue or green? Or did I miss that part?!

Why £2k??

Got to be worth £6k if it's as nice as it sounds.

Blue or green? Or did I miss that part?!

Exactly if its as nice as it sounds....lol just put the price from the lowest to the highest.... went to look at a 23k miler 2 years ago described as the same thing but vastly different in the flesh. Not to be unkind but these posts are always pointless, the seller will have a figure in mind before hand and its not hard to search through the internet and old listings to find current values.

Just bought one (96 storm) [ATTACH=CONFIG]75587[/ATTACH]for under 5k, 1 owner, two tiny spots of rust on front + rear arch otherwise completely original + perfect - nice!!

Just bought one (96 storm) [ATTACH=CONFIG]75587[/ATTACH]for under 5k, 1 owner, two tiny spots of rust on front + rear arch otherwise completely original + perfect - nice!!

Nice.... Sure its not been clocked

Nice.... Sure its not been clocked

You may be have a leg pulling moment... however I looked at a storm in 1997 / 1998 in green with 25K on the clock, phoned the dealers to check the service history and it was last serviced 2 month prior with 72K on the clock. I never bought it.... so there is a least one storm in green about that's been clocked.

Edited by delfinis38

I know this always gets said in threads like this, but the car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay at the time.

The right car, on the market at the right time for someone looking for a minter, you may get 6-6.5K but what often happens is that the seller needs to sell the car and there are not any "high roller" buyers about at the time.....then cars like this go for £4.5-£5.5k

Way back in 2002 when I bought Tom Sewells Khaki VR6, he wanted £9.5k which was for a car with a VWM VSR, Mushroom leather, Khaki paint, AMD build engine with big valve head etc...over £20K spent in his ownership.

It hung about for 4 months and then in the end I went to see it as I was in the area, said it was lovely but too much money for me (I was only 24 at the time) and he said £6.5K and it's your mate. Done deal as his new M3 was arriving and he needed the garage for that.

All comes down to the market.

Exactly if its as nice as it sounds....lol just put the price from the lowest to the highest.... went to look at a 23k miler 2 years ago described as the same thing but vastly different in the flesh. Not to be unkind but these posts are always pointless, the seller will have a figure in mind before hand and its not hard to search through the internet and old listings to find current values.

Exactly, the Blue one that is up for £6K right now. Doesn't look like £6K worth when you see all his build pictures.

The temptation to drive it outweighs the reasons not to! All of a sudden I have business to do which involves driving some nice twisty roads!

You may be have a leg pulling moment... however I looked at a storm in 1997 / 1998 in green with 25K on the clock, phoned the dealers to check the service history and it was last serviced 2 month prior with 72K on the clock. I never bought it.... so there is a least one storm in green about that's been clocked.

A 1-3 year old Storm that had done 72k! Who would have thunked it!? I never would have quibbled a 25k miler at that age, that's not even lower than average mileage really!

I'm more general terms I am liking this thread, anything that talks up the values of a Storm gets my vote!

The temptation to drive it outweighs the reasons not to! All of a sudden I have business to do which involves driving some nice twisty roads!

Top man

Think mines on 153k now.

Mine amassed a great deal of mileage in the first few years!

31/1/95 - Delivery Inspection

20/10/95 - 12074 miles

12/4/96 - 19867

4/10/96 - 31042

20/2/97 - 39876

7/10/97 - 54238

10/3/98 - 61560

14/9/98 - 70090

Obviously changed ownership after that as averaged around 6k per year until 2007, where it was laid up for a couple of years. HPI check and service history all correlate so all genuine.