C4fwr

help - passengers wiper lifts off screen

hi guys, looking for a bit of help

my passenger wiper lifts off the screen when used, I thought perhaps a bent arm so got 2 sent to me from breakers and still the same, has anyone come across this before and how did you fix it?

ta

Lupo Gti wipers or TT wipers, lots been written about it before. Have a search and you'll come up with the part numbers you need,or keep an eye on the classifieds as the pop up now and again(but not off the windscreen) :)

I'd do it for you but I'm lying beside the pool on holiday :lol:

ebay aero blades by any chance?

We had a couple of wets that worked nicely and lasted well... Recently they seem to have got hit and miss... The passenger side on the C is missing a big piece, similar issue on my mate's B4 Passat and I tried some on an Arosa that were disastrous! I popped a pair of "traditional" Champion blades on the Arosa, and they were spot on! We're using the ebay aero efforts on our mk1, mk2 and my passat with no issues - so it really does feel like luck of the draw!

You don't have to change the arms, it's well known the springs aren't strong enough and vw even uprated them through the corrado production, but you can improve them by bending the C shaped link at the bottom of the arm spring until it's 5mm or so shorter. This stretches the arm spring a little more which holds the blade tighter to the screen.