guildmage

Something rubbing on full lock (only when turning right)

Guys, for past few days my car when turning RIGHT (only right) something is making rubbing noise from (as far as I can tell) front wheel area (I think it's from the left side).

Now I run OEM setup, so tractor height, 15 inch rims and well all normal stuff. I've looked everywhere and cannot see any visible signs of any rubbing. Plenty of clearance when stationary between wheels and arches on full lock as well.

What possibly could be causing this? Any advice? Tried searching forums but it's mostly advice for people with too big rims, etc...

Just to clarify all is fine when I'm going straight or turning left, it's only when turning right (?)

Think it's at all speeds, but due to less noise it's more apparent on low speeds.

If that helps... quite recently my power assisted steering started also to make more noise... but still works as it used to.

Edited by guildmage

I have a similar problem on my car.

It used to have 17 inch wheels when I bought it which never rubbed. Since I've put some original speedlines back on its been rubbing on lock.

I later found that the steering seems to go too far- the inside of the wheel rim rubs on the track rod! It does this left and right, so I'm wondering if the wrong rack is fitted.

Not sure if this I'd the problem you're having, but could be worth checking.

check the vibration damper on the off-side driveshaft hasn't slipped it's moorings, they can slide along the driveshaft when it rusts and the paint flakes.