sankysvr6

Dashboard intermittent

Need some help please, all my gauges on my dashboard go on and off when ever it feels like it.

When it's gone in its off mode, only the indicator lights and clock are working. If it decides to come back on, the dash lights up as if I've just started the car.

Car runs fine still when the dash goes off, but get get no display. If I bang it near the fuse box, it springs back into life sometimes.

I've tried pushing in all the relays and fuses, but it's still intermittent.

Anyone else had this problem, or maybe she'd some light on where to look.

I would say its the connections that go into the fuse box if you have pushed all the fuses and relays home . Remove each one separately give each one a clean and push them on tight . By tapping the fuse box and making the connection work on and off you know where the problem is .

The tapping of the fuse box use to work, but not any more.

Sometimes what happens is that it all be working when driving around, then when I park it up and come back to start the car the gauges are all off. So i am not sure if its a loose connection, that makes it go off with vibration.

Will try cleaning the fuses one by and re fitting them and will see if it makes it any better.