fraser1995

g werks toothed belt/ pulleys. slipping/moving.

Just fitted a set of gwerks toothed pulleys and belt with no major issues. However when it came to starting it up the belt would move from the middle of the pulley to the left to the point it would slip off if I didn't switch it off. So I checked all the pulleys where tight ect but can spot anythink obvious....

Has anyone had a similar issues with a toothed belt conversion on a g60?

Any help appreciate!!

Cheers!

The problem you have is that the pulleys are misaligned, and the belt is running out and off your pulleys. If you run a straight edge across the face of the pulleys you will find the fault. Toothed pulleys behave in the same way as a cam belt system. Unlike the stock 6pk grooved belt pulleys which are more tolerant of minor misalignment, toothed pulleys are highly sensitive to this situation. I developed the pulleys from which yours are copied. If you require further assistance please call me during working hours at my works.

Regards, John. JMR Ltd

01903 718684

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I took All the pulleys of to check theres no damage and to make sure there square and they all seem in good condition. Really confused....

How much tension should there be on the belt aswell?

Thanks!!

Call me in the week. It's not that I don't wish to talk over the weekend or indeed any other . There is so much information to pass on it will take forever to type it out. One phone call and I can let you know all there is to on your tooth belt drive set up. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

John JMR Ltd