G60Jacqui

Help with guidelines - wheels too wide

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the police saying your wheels are too wide for your car?

I've been advised my a police man to remove my borbets as they arent flush with the body of the car, im not allowed to camber them either. I went into to the police station today to ask for the guidelines regarding the wheels etc all they gave me was a number to vosa in leeds, they couldnt help me gave me a number to dept of transport who also couldnt help me they gave me an e mail address for international vehicle standards lol wot a nightmare.

I love my wheels and i really dont wanna take them off i think lowering the car myt help but thought it would b worth an ask on here if anyone else has had same issue

Thanx Jacqui

12-4E090FF9-909408-800_zps2cf394da.jpg

best pic i have at min will try get more up read of the tyre isnt sticking out, i will have to measure how far alloy sticks out

The th

Jacqui

i think you should be all legal if the their is no tread visible from above the arch and the rims doesn't protrude more than 20mm from the edge of the arch i think that's right but im not 100 percent but i think a lot depends on the copper on the day but ive seen far far worse on a lighter note that car would look sweet if you lowered it hope that helps thanks ross

Possibly roll the arches for your benifit if you lowering that monster haha , other that that they look sweet there not massively pokey ! Probably just a wet end cooper cos he is jealouse of your shiney red car !! Id have a good read on google of all the topics that have been spoke about about this on plenty of forums , make sure there english not american i think they have different laws ! If the tread of the tyre is under the arch you will be okay and the copper cant really do much more that cause you hassle

Ive e mailed International Vehicle Standards for guidelines so just waiting for a reply,as the police cant give me anything in black and white regarding guidelines. I did have a quick look on google. To be fair he said he could have given me a ticket there and then but will give me a chance to change them wot a bellend if he had nothing nice to say he should have kept his mouth shut lol

Jacqui

Looks ok to me. I think it'd look better (in regards to the police) if it was lowered. I think the arch gap makes the wheels APPEAR to stick out further than they are. As above the tread is under the arch, and you are allowed 30mm sticking out. VOSA (i suspect) will just say what ive said, 30mm max and tread must be under the arch.

As above, wheels can protrude no more than 30mm and tyre tread must be fully within arch.

You car looks fully legal, but absolutely ridiculous. 9's and massive stretch do not go with standard height at all.