Grimmy2101

Advice please

Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on here so apologise if this post is in the wrong area! I'm a corrado owner who has lost the love I'm afraid! Had 3 rado's since I was about 20, now 32 with 2 kids and 0 time! I have a classic green storm with 97k. Unforfunatly she spat the belt off on the way back from center parks and I cooked her- head gasket gone:( Shes been sat there for about 5 months now, and I just haven't the time or if I'm honest, the will to resurect her. Interior is good, exterior lets it down a bit. Needs front wings replacing, has a bad rust spot on the o/s sill. She has a private plate which an internet site has offered me 500 quid for but tax and mot have expired. I have 2 wings and a complete sill and back 1/4 section in blue to repair the rusty bits but I really can't be ar##d with it any more. So what I want to know is how much do you guys think its worth, I was thinking 1000 quid with the repacement wings and back quarter. I,ve been offered 450!! What are your thoughts? Does anyone fancy a winter project?!! Thanks for reading, Matt (Burnley).

To be fair your description paints a pretty bad picture, with bad corrosion and a blown engine you're not left with much, someone with the time, space and inclination could strip it and make a few hundred quid or alternatively attempting a restoration could be a bottomless pit, sounds like near 500 quid isn't such a bad offer.

If you can be bothered, you will make more money breaking it for parts I suspect. As much as I hate to suggest that for a Storm! :(

Yeah, agree with the guys. For £1000 you can get corrados that are scabby but are at least running. There was a Blackberry one on eBay earlier this week that went for about £900. Was running and no major rot, needed some work on the brakes for an MOT.

I think you are better off breaking it. If the leather is good then that's worth £500-800 depending on condition. Those two good wings are worth £40-50 each. Then there is all the easy to remove bits like wheels, steering wheel, headlights (£40 each) fogs etc, bumpers etc

Even if you just sold off the interior, wings, easy to remove other bits then you have well over a grand. Then you could either offer what is left to someone on here for a couple of hundred quid or let the scrap man have it.

Ron

Edited by Hofmiester

Cheers for the feedback guys. Breaking is not really anoption for me. Broke my last g60 as it got badly rear ended and I pulled in nearly 2k but it was VERY time consuming and I've still got bits of it hidden all over! Also, I'd feel quite bad breaking a storm. I'd much rather it went to someone with the time and motivation to get her back to her best. I'll ponder over it over the weekend me thinks. Thanks again for the comments. Matt.

Dox- just needs the wings painting should the blue ones go on. Plus the bit that needs repairing on the sill. The wings that are on arn't horrendous, seen much worse, but my intention almays was to get her mint. But in reality it was never gonna happen as she was my daily as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75814[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75815[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75816[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75817[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75818[/ATTACH]

This is mine now :)

Nice to deal with you Matt and thanks for all your help today.

Get those other G60 bits up for sale to boost your bike fund :)

Good on you Dox, I hope you are going to repair rathe than break?

Its a keeper, a bit of a long term project I think, but it does mean the remains of hennys old G60 (bought without running gear and interior) will have to go