eugopnosaj

Crossmember part numbers

Ok so I need a new crossmember for the VR, just the upper bit. Now, looking on Vagcat and various pictures the VR and 16v/G60 look identical, the part numbers are the same apart from the last letter;

535 199 171 D or 535 199 171G for the 16v/G60 and 535 199 171H for the VR. Would it be safe to assume that they are both the same, minus perhaps a couple of things? The letter I understand denotes a modification but do these two items vary that much?

Could it be to do with engine mounts? That or radiators fixings?

ETKA numbers matchwith what you have but it's showing the VR one as obsolete but Classic part if you're wanting genuine?

Nah, its not engine mounts, the lower crossmember takes those. There's an additional bracket attached to the VR one for the offset on the radiator. I checked my VR against the one in my valver and that is the only difference. I can cut and weld the plate from my old one onto one from a valver/g60. I'll take some photos when I get the new/second hand one.

I checked on classics, its over £400!

Course it does! ETKA isn't too clear on that haha

You wouldn't imagine there being much difference, chassis leg widths are the same on vr6 models to all others aren't they?

Ouch! Don't fancy that!