sexybourbon

bulbs

Cheers mate never had to buy bulbs before ill probs give these a go

Enquired about a loom but didnt realize how much he wanted for a loom , there was a guy with a new loom company on here a couple of days or so ago with a loom for 30 quid , might try one of those

Yeah as above they are really good bulbs got them in my head lights.

I've got 60/55 watt in head lights.

100 watts in main beam spots.

100 watts in front fog lights.

All this has made a real difference to my front lights big time,

as they shine now a really bright blue / white,

not the dim yellow / orange as standard.

Or you can purchase the up rated wiring loom complete with relays,

which is ment to be really good as well.

Hope this helps.

Si

100w bulbs get very hot and will accelerate reflector damage if used regularly, I wouldn't use them without a set of relays on a loom tbh, apart from not getting the max from them with the voltage drop you get through vw's wiring and switchgear, you could get an electrical fire from the headlight switch which is weak anyway and definitely not designed for the extra current.

Yeah as above they are really good bulbs got them in my head lights.

I've got 60/55 watt in head lights.

100 watts in main beam spots.

100 watts in front fog lights.

All this has made a real difference to my front lights big time,

as they shine now a really bright blue / white,

not the dim yellow / orange as standard.

Or you can purchase the up rated wiring loom complete with relays,

which is ment to be really good as well.

Hope this helps.

Si

I use the Philips extreme vision,nice white light,but I have an uprated loom

I use those too, both on an original vw setup and a relayed setup, they are a good improvement but really 'shine' with relays and at standard wattage they are both legal and cooler running

Yeah cheers Dave I might purchase the after market wiring loom which ups the voltage slightly,

but thought I'd try the bulbs first which I did years ago, and they seem to be bright enough as they are.

I've got a new head light wiring loom and switch both from VW,

the loom I think is still available from VW I've got the part number somewhere for it, if anyone needs it.

I had the same set up on my old MK2 Scirocco years ago with those bulbs in the head lights,

never had a problem with them.

As long as you keep the standard wattage in the head lights i.e 60/55 watts you'll be fine.

But don't put 100 watts in to head lights as they'll be too bright and will dazzle on coming vehicles,

plus they may fail the MOT for being too bright.

And as Dave has said they could weaken the contact in the head light switch,

and melt the wiring loom (the head light loom)

That's why I've kept the original wattage 55/60 in head lights.

My 100 watt bulbs are only fitted to the main spots and front fogs,

both of which are single element bulbs,

plus these only come on when the main beam is operated,

so there is no chance of blinding on coming vehicles.

Plus they pass the MOT as well.

And there's less chance of the switch contact melting as the main beam is only on for short bursts.

The reflectors in the main spots & front fogs are heat resistant so should be ok.

You never know there might be premature ware to them by using the 100 watt bulbs,

but like I say I've had these bulbs fitted to most of my cars over the years,

one of which was my Scirocco which I had for years, and they were all fine.

Cheers

Si :salute:

Am I correct in saying there's someone on here who bought a batch of up rated head light switches,

which don't break so easily as they're heavy duty so have stronger inners and don't course the wiring to burn away.

I'm sure it was someone off here.

I'll have a look in the search menu tomorrow or later on today should I say, lol.

Si

Iv already got a switch of 8v matt fitted to the car so all good there , im going to order an uprated loom for the lights today , so then i just need bulbs , cheers vwrule ill have a look at all the suggestions before i buy , i know this is a daft question then but how many bulbs actually go in to each light ?

Is it one for main beam , one for full beam , one for side lights , and a seperate single bulb for the fogs ?

Hello Red,

100% as Dave has said above.

Each head light unit has 3 bulbs in them (1, H4) (1, 233) (1, H3)

H4 = dip & main (twin element) Plus 233 = side light (single element)

One H4 is fitted in to each head light unit and the same with the 233 sidelight bulb.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-90-Osram-H4-Night-Breaker-Plus-High-Low-Headlight-Bulbs-472-P43T-/300824848808?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item460a8ee9a8

H3 = Front main spots and front fogs (single element)

One H3 is fitted in to each head light unit and each front fog light unit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-VOLKSWAGEN-Corrado-88-95-Xenon-55w-Fog-Light-Bulbs-/190447356959?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c578c0c1f

Front indicator bulb (chrome plated inner coat) 382 (21 watt) (single element)

This bulb shines a bright orange / amber so can only be fitted to the front or rear indicators only.

One bulb per indicator unit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-FRONT-INDICATOR-BULB-TO-FIT-VW-Corrado-MODELS-382-P21W-/130975816780?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item1e7ec45c4c

Each front indicator unit has one 382 bulb, (21 watt)

and the same for the rear indicator (single element) One bulb per side

This bulb is also fitted in the reverse lights (again one each side)

Plus one 382 is fitted to the rear fog light (one only) just the drivers side = O/S/R

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-Front-Indicator-Bulbs-89-95-FI382-/400170200910?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d2c00af4e

Each rear stop & side light has a 380 bulb (twin element) (21/5 watts)

one is fitted to each rear light unit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-New-Genuine-Osram-Ultra-Life-Stop-Tail-Light-BAY15D-P21-5W-Car-Bulbs-/350888559129?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item51b2968219

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-VW-CORRADO-1987-1995-BRAKE-STOP-LIGHT-TAIL-CAR-BULBS-380-/221276117084?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338515985c

Two 501 bulbs are fitted in the number plate light unit = each bulb is (single element)

And one 501 are fitted in to the wing indicator each side, one on each wing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Osram-Original-Standard-Number-Plate-Light-501-W5W-T10-Bulbs-/350888556305?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item51b2967711

Hope this helps.

Si

Thanks Clumpy1 that's great I'll give 8vMatt a shout.

Thanks again :salute:

Si :thumbleft:

Iv already got a switch of 8v matt fitted to the car so all good there , im going to order an uprated loom for the lights today , so then i just need bulbs , cheers vwrule ill have a look at all the suggestions before i buy , i know this is a daft question then but how many bulbs actually go in to each light ?

Is it one for main beam , one for full beam , one for side lights , and a seperate single bulb for the fogs ?

Dude I have a spare loom fs.... can let you have it at karting?

Can someone recommend me some good bulbs for the headlights

Coming upto winter so need to sort out some decent lights

Own up clio boy..... you don't have bulbs in hull ;)

Thanks mr rule , brilliant info and links thats spot on ,

Your getting rammed off the track morris , seriously though cheers mate id of had it but iv literally just orderd one from that fancy new loom shop on the internet , will be in the post tomorrow , thanks anyway though mate

Thanks mr rule , brilliant info and links thats spot on ,

Your getting rammed off the track morris , seriously though cheers mate id of had it but iv literally just orderd one from that fancy new loom shop on the internet , will be in the post tomorrow , thanks anyway though mate

Bring it big un!