WreckedGecko

R32 engined Corrado, 2nd gear stutter

Hi All,

Been having a bit of a long running problem with my Mk4 R32 engined VR6, so I though I would ask this in here in case anybody else has run into this or has any good ideas.

It runs fine, pulls well, idles a little low when cold but not drastically so. However, in 2nd gear (and only in 2nd gear) when under full load it stutters at about 3,000 rpm and again at about 5,000.

Its been into a few indys who don't seem to be able to cure it, not helped by the lack of fault codes its throwing up. MAF has been changed, throttle body cleaned, new coil packs, etc etc.

I am thinking that it has to be some sort of ECU issue (currently running a standard Mk4 R32 one) but not being an expert I have no clue what and why it would only effect 2nd.

I also want to get the throttle position sensor altered, as 10% pedal depression = 90%ish throttle which can be a bit tiring, so a bit of ECU work is not the end of the world, but just before I book it in for some rolling road time and a remap, has anyone got any other ideas?

Also, any recomendations for a good rolling road place?

Cheers!

Can't really help on the stuttering front although I'm sure someone on here was mentioning something similar recently...

On the pedal front though, maybe speak to Graham at DG Autotech. They did my 24v conversion and the pedal has been tweaked by them to be super smooth along with the standard ME7 motronic ECU. I'm not sure they do any engine conversions anymore but Graham might be able to point you in the right direction for what software you need.