feeenix14

New VR6 owner in the midlands

So, every once in a while i get a wet passenger footwell, not heater matrix because its definately water and not coolant (i taste tested it :gag:) , i've changed the foliage seal and cleared out the millions of leaves hiding in the scuttle, so i thought it must be a door seal or door membrane. Then it started hammering down with rain whilst i was at work so i hopped in the car to see if i could see owt and nothing because i was staring at the floor, then i noticed a drop of watr land on top of the speaker pod !! Its like its coming in at the top of the door and running down the inside of the a pillar trim, then where theres a stray alarm wire popping out of the trim the water comes out of there and drops down into the footwell area.

Is that door seal or possibly blocked sunroof drain ? If its a blocked sunroof drain is there a way to clear that with a sunroof that only tilts ?:scratch:

rubbish tiny picture !!

Not sure if you can click and enlarge it but you can just see the trickle of water actually above where that wires pokes out, then you can see where its dripping onto the dash and doorcard.

At least you could if the pic wasn't the size of a flippin postage stamp.

I love looking out of my office at my car. Sometimes i get bored and just wander up to the window to have a stare. People must think im mad.

Not sure if i might have to sell this soon, I've been offered a job with a 100 mile commute so will need something a bit more frugal. Does anyone have an idea as to what price i should be asking ? I've done the majority of work as you can see from the thread - brake, suspension, bearing overhaul. new chains, clutch,tensioners 300 miles ago, mileage is about 146k. fresh mot and tax.

There are still jobs to do - sunroof only tilts, and the sunroof seal is minging, and theres probably a sunroof drain blocked, but i planned on fixing the lot in one go when i could get myself the bits for it.

Rear coilovers are a bit creaky but it drives like a dream, and i have all suspension parts sat in the garage to put back to stock if thats whats needed.

But i just dont really know how much i should be asking for - there are some cars that have gone for sale on here that i think are fairly priced and then cars on here that seem to be dirt cheap ?

I'll no doubt be back in a corrado but i will have around 2 years training in Yorkshire so will be spending alot of time on the M1 so will probably look at a little diesel runaround.

I know pal, but its the difference between a job i hate and ultimately working for myself after I'm trained up. If i had some spare cash id put LPG on it but an impending wedding means i cant do that :shrug:

damn shame that, again after all the work you put into it, lets just hope a fellow member gets it.....can you not sorn it/garage or do you need the funds for a diesel?

I know, its the first car for years that I've done serious work on so feel like i have a proper connection with it but unfortunately it wont go in my garage and i think it would be a crime to leave it sat outside over for god knows how long, and having the funds would definitely help me get something else

very guttted tho

So the job I thought I was getting isn't actually there for me yet and wont be for a few months so it looks like I will be enjoying the car for a while longer at least. Happy days !!

So, i spent the weekend at edition 38 and had a blast, car drove like a dream there and back (longest journey its been on since ive done all the work (just over an hour to get there)) and was pleasantly surprised at how my car matched up against the other corrado's there - i think if i had the money for some expensive show wheels i could have put it in the arena and been happy.

Forgot to say that i got just over 34mpg on the way there and back which i think is pretty good ? And i was chuffed that my exhaust wasn't too loud, i thought it might be really loud on motorways after i had the suitcase section swapped for a section of pipe but its not at all, its actually quieter than having a rusted suitcase part thats blowing badly.

Not done much but enjoy the car recently but i did lose my headlights so had to order and fit a new relay and i also did the lupo wiper mod so i have a new found ability to see in the dark AND the rain !!