EmGreenVR6

Installing small active subwoofer

Hi,

As part of the car overhaul we have bought a new stereo system, including a Pioneer TS-WX110A active subwoofer. We don't want to put it in the boot as I'll be carting a large dog around quite a bit in the back.

Dimensions are 280 x 200 x 75mm. Initial thoughts are to put it in the passenger footwell under the dash. However we are a bit nervous about drilling through the bulkhead.

Has anyone done a similar installation and have any advice? We are assuming that there isn't enough room to install it under a seat...

Thanks very much,

Emma

Hi Emma! You could put it in the footwell, and there is actually a spare grommet/hole for the wiring just underneath the ABS pump which would is directly in front of the glove box undertray (ish). I wouldn't go cutting big holes to fit it in through the bulkhead though as its structural. Another option is to build your own box which can be recessed in where the wheel arch is in the boot. Looks neat and tidy and doesn't really affect boot space. Just don't turn it up too much with the dog in there!

Depends how far you have your seats tilted.. if you have the seat fairly far raised up, you could stick it under one of them? To be honest the Corrado cabin isn't exactly spacious enough for that sort of thing though - if the boot was out of the picture, I don't reckon I'd bother at all.