GTi.Si

Laserline alarm problem

Just picked up a VR6 earlier with a mate. The car was sat for 3 - 4 years with a battery connected which is now knackered. Put a new battery on but as soon as it is connected the alarm goes off and we can't stop it with fob. Have tried a new fob battery but it hasn't helped.

Is there anyway of resetting the alarm? Its a Laserline 996V2.

Does it have a key to plug into the dashboard ? You should beable to disarm the alarm with it. Also check that the green light on the fog is working, might have a faulty fob. Mine came fitted with the same alarm and only one of my fobs works.

Try pressing and holding the fob until the little light on it goes out. I have to do that on mine every once in while, like it needs resyncing or summat.

edit - mine's not a Laserline (It's the Scorpion) but it's still worth a go :)

there should be a box in the engine bay passenger side near the windscreen black with green line round the middle. if you got an extra key with the car that's about 1 inch long you should be able to put it in the box to turn the alarm off and on and reset it.

It has the siren in the bay, but no valet key slot. Also has a box behind the centre console but again no key slot. The internal battery is flat so going to leave it connected to see if i can get some charge into it.

Yep have one of those, doesn't stop it either! Anyway think i've found the issue to be the internal battery is goosed. Have disconected the alarm for the time being, it'll either be reconnected at some point or a shiney new one fitted!