Skintoss

What should I do?

Ok so following on from this thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=83633 I have now drained all old fuel, cleaned plugs and tried again, she runs sweet as, no misses just purring and idling well. The clutch and gearbox work but didn't have enough private road to test fully.

I do have steam from the dash air vents though so presume the matrix has gone, the brakes are also in need of replacement as well as headlight and indicator lenses, headlights also don't work and the paintwork is in poor condition with repairs needed to both sills at front and back.

Good points are engine sounds and pulls well, all electrics bar previously mentioned and passenger window work, interior is tidy, panels are solid.

What should I do with it?

Realistically I think I could get it through an mot for a few hundred but what's the cost of a heater matrix?

Would it make more sense to stop now and break it? Would there be interest in most parts?

I'm very torn, any help would be appreciated.

Gareth.

Ok so following on from this thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=83633 I have now drained all old fuel, cleaned plugs and tried again, she runs sweet as, no misses just purring and idling well. The clutch and gearbox work but didn't have enough private road to test fully.

I do have steam from the dash air vents though so presume the matrix has gone, the brakes are also in need of replacement as well as headlight and indicator lenses, headlights also don't work and the paintwork is in poor condition with repairs needed to both sills at front and back.

Good points are engine sounds and pulls well, all electrics bar previously mentioned and passenger window work, interior is tidy, panels are solid.

What should I do with it?

Realistically I think I could get it through an mot for a few hundred but what's the cost of a heater matrix?

Would it make more sense to stop now and break it? Would there be interest in most parts?

I'm very torn, any help would be appreciated.

Gareth.

heater matrix are not expensive, you should be able to change it in a weekend. I quess it all depends on how much you initially paid for the car as whether its worth breaking and how much time you have. the leather in good nick will be worth about £400. I guess if the paint is bad it's never going to be a show winner with out a respray. what plans did you initially have for the car ?

Original plan was to make some money on it, be that with a complete car or parts. I was secretly hoping it wouldn't be too bad and I could add it to the fleet but I wouldn't be happy with it unless it had a full respray with the welding done and everything working as it should.

I guess the question I would like to ask is what sort of value would it have polished up with an MOT but bodywork required and what sort of value would the parts have.

I don't like breaking cars in fact I've never done it and instead just held onto things (I still own my gsf400 from when I first passed my big bike test 15yrs ago and my Rover 220 coupe turbo which I've had for 10yrs) but this was never bought to drive. I'd still feel crap about breaking it though.