Dox

Nice G60

2.0 8v not so sure the G60 I had which was that spec the engine looked different to that that look's like a standard 1.8 to me.Very strong money.The power claim's are also a bit "suspect"

Edited by clumpy1

I think tsr used a lightened 1.9 diesel crank and rods along with oversize K S pistons to get to 2.0L with a standard block, could be wrong though

Edited by Dox

Dox you are indeed correct about the 2.0L TSR engine, however, it's accepted that this was not the best way to go about building one of these engines to this capacity. Henny for example achieved basically 2.0L from the standard G60 engine. I a however agreed with the power-claims being perhaps a little optimistic, but Henny's was nearly 260 BHP and the BBM screw-compressor chargers are more efficient and make more power so perhaps not ?

However I if the engine-work is verifiable, TBH to me the car seems reasonably priced for the level of work thats gone into it (I would certainly be looking for way more than his asking price if I ever came to sell my own one, however, mine is virtually a new car from ground-up and has a massive spec far in excess of what this one has). It does look to be in good condition as well.

Thought that looked familiar - I remember reading the feature on that one. Not heard particularly great things about the TSR 2l conversion, something about it being a van engine and not wanting to rev. Depending on how it's mapped the power figures seem possible (I'm running 250bhp at the flywheel with a 1.9l overbore and GLader with a 65mm pulley). 282bhp at the fly might be a little optimistic, but with a good map should be close.