Andy-H

Heated seat loom digram

Hi All,

Sorry about this, I did a search but couldn't find anything...

I'm looking for a loom diagram for the heated seats in my rado that I'm retro fitting. I have 4 wires to connect into the fusebox but I haven't a clue where!?!?

It is an early valver and a late loom.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

There should only be 2 to connect into the fuse box, power and lighting...the green goes into one of the spare slots next to another of the green ones and the black again a spare near the other black ones. Sorry I can't be more helpful, I'm at work but it was that easy to install mine. When I get home if I remember I'll take a photo for you.

Edited by eugopnosaj

Oh, right............ looks like I have 2 spare wires then :D

Cheers for the info, I look forward to the picture so I can have a go this weekend.

There will of course be provision for the connections to the rheostat /switch. The loom will have separate circuits for each seat as well, so it's a bit more complicated.

I'll have a look in the Bentley later and see if I can find the definitive diagram.

Best wishes

RB

My dash is in pieces since I'm doing a climatronic conversion, it was too dark by the time I got back yesterday but I'll take some for you today.

My dash is in pieces since I'm doing a climatronic conversion, it was too dark by the time I got back yesterday but I'll take some for you today.

Great stuff 8),

Looking forward to finishing the installation of these

Hey mate hopefully these photos will help you, colour coded and labelled just for you! It should be clear from the notes but if not:

Obviously the white socket goes to the switch, the loom which comes off splits (I re-wrapped mine), the blue/grey cable has a grey socket on the end and is for illumination, there is, iirc 2/3 black cables which join to become 1 which has a green socket which is for power. The rest of the loom runs to the relays and from there to the seats. The loom is grounded at the relays with a ring terminal.

20131022_182609_zps5d2275e4.jpg

20131022_182625_zps9fe05fab.jpg