deamon90002004

g60 mild fuel leak

hey all, i have a mild fuel leak, but not quite sure what size pipe/clamps i need, the location is on top, the pipe is attatched to a solenoid? next to the manifold and breather as you look at it from the top, and the pipe is on a U bend and has started to crack and fuel hisses out one of the connections when flexed

Whatever you do, do not drive that G60 any more (see G60 on fire threads somewhere here on the forum) till you fix that issue. Many a G60 have unnecessarily burnt out because of fuel leaking from hoses / past clamps onto the hot manifold.

The solenoid is the fuel pressure switch, used for the fuel pump and cooling fan after-run.

I replaced all the fuel hoses in my G60 bay some time ago, went for braided hoses, and decent Hi-Grip clamps.

Tempest

The fuel pipe will be 8mm in size , I used the original spring clamp when I renewed the hoses , if yours are a bit sketchy or you need new ones , they will be available from where ever you get the pipe from .

Rob

Sounds like you're talking about the U shaped pipe that comes off the right hand end of the injector spray bar to a pressure switch mounted above manifold.You will need a new one with clips from the dealers as its molded to the correct shape & its quite important it doesnt leak onto the hot exhaust manifold below because of the fire risk.

ah okie, i will get pics and go to my local vw to see if they can help me out, cos i can sit at the lights and pull off and all i can smell is fuel, is that a common thing to split?

id suggest you use non braided line , that way any defects /cracks show up and are not hidden by the braid

but yes you can use plain hose , but you will need to make a longer loop to do the same job

ah okie, i will get pics and go to my local vw to see if they can help me out, cos i can sit at the lights and pull off and all i can smell is fuel, is that a common thing to split?

As Tempest says, don't drive the car until you have replaced this leaking hose - all it takes is hot fuel to drip onto the exhaust manifold and your engine will go up like a firework display. I can't stress this enough.

just a quick question, still fuel related, i was looking to see if the injectors might be leaking (when i found this pipe) but what colour are the normal injectors? as the ones i have are green, and have been told green top injectors are uprated versions of the standard ez1s?