Sign in to follow this  
Tazkenny

No Coils in the UK ??

Hi,

My C started to missfire then eventually cut out the other day. I seem to have traced this down to the ignition amp on the coil. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a single breaker in the UK with one of these. Euro car parts / GSF and Volkswagen have none in the UK !! What is going on ?

Looks like my car is as good as a garden shed for the moment. ...

Anyway, does anybody know FOR SURE how I can either replace the ignition amp or replace the whole coil / amp unit with a later model ?

My car is a 94 2L 16V - the one with the round coil and wee flat ignition amp strapped to it. Any help much appreciated.

Kenny

Mate I had the same problem locating an ignition coil, I decided to order it from VAG it takes 1 week from Germany special order and costs about £120.

I was lucky mine was not the ignition coil so I cancelled the order. It turned out to be the earth straps have you checked those??

Sanj.

Yeah checked all wiring out. Even had the fuse box out to make sure. I get 12V at the connector when I switch the ignition on but dont get any spark from the coil. Could the hall effect sensor be gubbed or is it my ignition amp ? Anybody ?