robbier32

Robbie,s VR6.

Hi All,

I was recently told by robrado69 to pull my finger out and start a thread. so here it is.

Have been in the dub seen since I bought my first (of Many) Mk2 golfs in 1995 at 17 years of age!

At 18 traded up for a mk1 gti! Spent 7 years of my life with this car and loved every minuite.

In 2003 the Corrado affair began and I bought a DBP Vr6! Now owned by robrado69 since 2008.

Had a flirt With an Mk4 R32 for 4 years and now back to Corrado ownership.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76123[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76124[/ATTACH]

Current Corrado is Vr6 with a few body and engine mods. I purchased the car from 8vMatt around 18 months ago and to be honest havnt done alot to it thus far aside from consumables.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76122[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76130[/ATTACH]

Current performance Mods are

BMC CDA induction

Magnex catback exhaust

Porcha 4pots up front 312mm discs

Mk4 rear calipers

Lupo wiper conversion

Current body mods

Respray in Mystic blue

Door plastic trim delete

Rear wiper delete

Colour coded front grill.

Interior

Full storm black leather

Momo wheel

Classic Kenwood krc tape deck! Still goin strong from when I bought it new in 98!

Door speaker upgrade

Custom 6x9 install in boot (curtesy of 8vMatt)

As for the future....

Abot 2 years ago I went on a road trip with 8vMatt upto the big smoke to see Johnny and his VR6. Matt purchased the engine and box from his car and we dragged it (Headlights to the sky) back to sunny devon where it has been stored in my lock up until recently.

A couple of months back I accuired the engine from Matt stripped it and put back together as the rocker cover gasket was leaking and a few of the coolant rubbers didnt look too clever and It had a new water pump.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76127[/ATTACH]

Its a Vege recon unit which has done 40k. It Has Neuspeed pullies and is suppose to have shimmel cams.

I took some pics before The rocker went back on. I couldnt find any signs they where aftermarket but then again ive never seen a standard set! So if anyone can shed some light I would be gratefull

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76131[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76129[/ATTACH]

Damn fine car you've got yourself Rob!!!

I can't wait to go out in it once the engine goes in! Just to clarify the disc size for you bud incase you wear them out, they are 323mm Seat Leon Cupra discs. The biggest bugger discs you can sensibly fit on a Corrado.

More pics and bigger please!