vwcorrado1993

Rado vr6 not starting, help!!

Okay so, I have a 93 Corrado vr6, I've had it for a couple months, it needed some work so I parked it and had hoped of getting it running in no time, I just had to do a couple things like, door handles, serpentine tensioner/ belt, heater fan, etc. I got it all fixed and now it won't start, I thought maybe a relay or something, but then I saw this wire broken near my engine(picture below) if that would be the problem

-Josh

Welcome to the forum!

It won't be that wire that's causing the problem. On UK corrados that's just a dummy connector. If you unplug that connector you'll see there are no connections!

Need more info than it won't start! E.g. Does it turn over? There are quite a few things it could be.

Well it does turn over, and it started fine a month or two ago, and sometimes when I start it the hazards go on and I have to unplug the battery for it to stop, also I can hear the fuel pump going after I try to start it

As above , use the search to get ideas of what could be wrong . The first port of call is , do you have a spark , do you have fuel ?

Rob

Ok , you need to remove a spark plug , connect the lead back on to the plug , put on a rubber glove for safety . Hold the lead and make sure the plug is touching the block , get someone to crank the engine , you should see a spark at the plug .

If you dont have a spark , you need to work back from the plugs , by this i mean checking the leads , then the coil pack ,i presume you have a coil pack and not a dizzy cap as its a 93 . Also check the battery terminals and earth fixings . You will need help with some of this as you need a multi meter to check voltages .I am in the same boat as you right now !

Edit i would also connect the car up to a vagcom .

Edited by robrado974

If its the original alarm. You have to put key in ignition. Turn it round to obe before turning it over. 2 clicks. Then connect the battery. Then go and turn ignition to off but leave key in and hold the left button on fob for 10 secs.