st4stokie

Confused with offset sizes

I've seen some BMW wheels which have an offset of 38 to fit them to my corrado I'll need adaptors which are 20mm thick. Does this mean the offset will then be 18 with the adapter fitted and will this work with my vr6? Rims are 17" 8j

Yep, that's correct. Would think they'll stick out to much. Could be wrong, but reckon will def catch at full lock on the front.

Thanks just had a look on the link looks like the wheels will stick out an extra 41mm which I'm pretty sure will make the fronts sick out too far like Cazza says. With a zero offset you'll be getting a extra 59mm sticking out on our car

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Have a look on here mate, I am also go to be running BMW wheels on my corrado, but once I get the adapters on my ET, will be ET0 wheels are 8 x 17"

Have had a good look at this today and had the tape measure out from what I can see the rim will stick out 15mm past the arch on the front. Even with stretched rubber on your going to catch your arches. That means your going to have over 20mm sticking out past the arch on your C mate