Jim Bowen

Coolant leaking again today

Can't believe this car, its the never ending story.

Got up today and the coolant light was flashing, drive to work thinking it was head gasket again.

Noticed once at work it was dribbling a constant stream out from under the aux water pipe.

Can i delete this pump and join the two hoses together, looking for a temp fix so i can drive back home again.

Just fixed it in works car park, was the end of the hose had split (samco again), although think i may have overtightened the jubilee clip and that split the hose.

Not having the best of luck with that car :( Glad you managed to fix it relatively hassle free!

Just fixed it in works car park, was the end of the hose had split (samco again), although think i may have overtightened the jubilee clip and that split the hose.

There's your problem. Always use the OE constant torque clamps, even on silicon. Jubilees are hopeless.

I know i should, but in bentley manual it says they can be replaced for the jubilee style clips.

Something else to add to my list.i

Oh bugger!! Ive just had stealth fit new roose motorsport pipes when they did my head rebuild.....& i used the jubilee clip set they sell for the pipes.......now im wondering whether i should have asked vince to use the OE clamps :s

pants :(

I do think I overtightened it. Went round tightening them all at the weekend because I can still smell coolant all the time.

Quality jubilee are ok, it's just easy to damage hoses with them, the original spring clamps are a pain to fit and release without the proper bowden cable tool but they are pretty much foolproof if put in the right position on the hose.