Madjackal

Carbon Fibre Bonnet - Washer Jets

I have recebtly received my new carbon bonnet from LJ16v. Who I should mention did nothing short of bend over backwards to help me with the collection and delivery. Very Please with the item and the sale. Cheers!!

Anyway I have been through the threads on here and seen the talk of mk4 golf washers being used and the storm wiper mounted kit.

Can I ask people's comments and experience of the two and also some more info with regard to fitting the mk4 washers? I am really not very keen on the idea of cutting the bonnet.

Is it possible to fit these to good affect without cutting?

Many thanks

I didn't like the look of mk4 washers I saw on a corrado, the feed pipes had to lay on the scuttle area seal and it looked a bit of a bodge TBH, ok, just not very OEM looking.

plus I'm not a great 'fan' of the 'fan' spray jets, they're prone to partial clogging (especially if you live in a hard water area, the filter on the pump won't help you) and far worse in cold weather than the larger opening of a conventional jet, you really do need the heated ones of these, I've had freezing on them on a mk4 with 50/50 screen wash!

Wiper arm water feeds sound a better bet, but not everyone likes the look of these ether.

I realise this is not a cheap fix you might want to hear but I bought one of those swg scuttle covers and bought 2 random washer jets with fan spray from scrapyard, think they were from a xsara and drilled holes the the panel and put them in there. Very neat and can barely tell they are there!

I've got mk4 heated jets on mine. Bit surprised to hear you say they look like a bodge David - never thought of it as a bodge, as I thought it looked quite neat. The spray pattern is much better than the original ones. However it does require the underside of the bonnet structure to be cut slightly (I think there are some pics of this in my build thread, basiclly need to cut a couple of small squares out of the structure on each side).