southerner88

stereo upgrade...

Hi all,

Was thinking about upgrading the stereo in the corrado, is it possible to fit a double din unit (i think its called that) into the corrado? I was hoping to get one of those touch screen units with all the sat nav, mp3 connectivity etc etc but they are all double dins - well the one i want is anyway...

Would you need to change much to get one of these in?

thanks for any help you can give

Hi,

I did it last year!

I swapped out for a double DIN Pioneer with sat nav and blue tooth.

I brought an old centre section as a guide just in case but all went well!

I cut out the tabs to hold all controls in place when it was out and also had to cut out the metal support bracket in the dash and re weld lower down to hold the stereo in place at the back.

The stereo was then bolted to the frame and I moved the heater controls down a section using metal brackets from B& Q to hold them in place.

I then cut some MDF the same size as the open section at the bottom of the dash and mounted a new cigarette lighter and ash tray in.

I also added in an air temp sensor to fill the gap.

I still need to wire in the lighter and ash lights and am planing on changing them to blue and will then cover the MDF.

I will take some pics Sunday night and try to upload next week for you.

I tried to think too far into it but it is straight forward and really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be- be brave it looks awesome when done!

Cheers Charlie,

Will defo have to have a look at getting it done, I think it would completely change the look of the car.....Would be mint if you could get some pics of yours and possibly a few steps too....

Is the welding part essential? I havnt got a welder and wouldnt know where to begin with it lol