Sign in to follow this  
Stonejag

VW relay numbers - list?

Does anybody have a list of the special-numbered relays VW produce and what each does?

I'm after a timed one (e.g. a single trigger causes output for some amount of time and then it turns off, repeated triggers keeping it turned on) to swap into my DIY fan controller. Pretty sure one of their specials will already do this - maybe for a heated back window or something? - and they cost pence from the breakers but the ones sold as such are anything up to £40 and it's a bit steep :)

Reason is, I'm pretty sure my aux water pump afterrun isn't working and it's causing my fans to cut out too quickly if I stop when the car's warm - i.e. as soon as that little corner of the radiator's cooled down. If I trigger the aux pump to run off the same relay as the radiator fan then it'll help but I'd like the reassurance that the fan (and pump) will continue to run for a bit after the thermoswitch has closed. I don't trust any of the original fan controller harness so the sooner it's all stripped out the better...

Cheers,

Nick