g0ldf1ng3r

When changing cooling hoses is there a valve i need to take out of old & put into new

Am hoping someone can shed some light on a query for me.

Im sure ive read on this forum that when you change the cooling hoses on a VR there is a small part which needs to be taken out of an old hose & put in the new one.

however for the life of me i can not find the thread, either by searching on here or on google, as i wanted to know the part name. I think it might be a pressure valve or something.

Reason being that stealth have recently installed all new roose motorsport hoses on my motor & i wanted to check with vince if this part was done

thanks in advance to all

I was told about this, think it was the thread you mean.

Its meant to be an inline valve in the hose that come off the back of engine and connects to the bulkhead.

I ended up buying a valve, but its an external mount one, and don't notice any difference.

I was told about this, think it was the thread you mean.

Its meant to be an inline valve in the hose that come off the back of engine and connects to the bulkhead.

I ended up buying a valve, but its an external mount one, and don't notice any difference.

Thanks Jim, that sounds like the one.

Ive mailed vince to ask if he switched it into the new pipes but wanted to see if i could find the part name in case he wasnt sure what i was referring to.

Interesting that you put one on after but didnt notice a difference, if ive read correctly i think the valve helps avoid high pressures building in the hose so maybe it wouldnt be noticed unless it failed.

i called it an inline one way air valve or non return valve, but as we got more familiar i know refer to it as George.

i called it an inline one way air valve or non return valve, but as we got more familiar i know refer to it as George.

ha ha ha george!!! should i ask why? lol

I recently did this on my set of Samco's that had been installed for a few years!

In the old hoses from the Throttle Body (the hose from the bulkhead to cylinder head to TB) there was a one way valve in the small part that goes or comes (can't remember the flow direction) from the TB. I had to cut it out of my old hose and then just pushed it into the Samco hose.

I recently did this on my set of Samco's that had been installed for a few years!

In the old hoses from the Throttle Body (the hose from the bulkhead to cylinder head to TB) there was a one way valve in the small part that goes or comes (can't remember the flow direction) from the TB. I had to cut it out of my old hose and then just pushed it into the Samco hose.

great description thank you much appreciated :)