eugopnosaj

Tax rebate, what present should I buy the VR?

Ok so I got an unexpected tax rebate today which was a pleasant surprise, its only £220 but better than nothing!

I've been getting the VR back into good condition seeing as she's been a bit unloved since I got my beetle and so far I've done a climatronic upgrade (AC to follow in the summer, I will write a thread soon!) New uprated bulbs (already got loom) Rebuilt the O/S hub following the failed CV joint, new OEM front engine mount and refurbished crossmember, along with new wishbones so slowly replacing all the perishables.

I've been thinking about getting a BMC CDA as the previous owner cut up the airbox, removed the CC and added another cold air feed and I like the idea of the sound it produces and potential BHP gains.

Any other ideas, obviously keeping in a good budget?

BMC CDA no question, the best £200 I've ever spent on a car! The noise is highly addictive, though the beautiful thing is that when you're not in the mood you don't even notice it's there

BMC CDA no question, the best £200 I've ever spent on a car! The noise is highly addictive, though the beautiful thing is that when you're not in the mood you don't even notice it's there

Exactly this.

Ordered one from stealth this morning, I could have gotten it a bit cheaper probably elsewhere but thought since they will provide the adaptor as well it saves me trying to get one sorted. Should hopefully be here tomorrow or Monday :D

Going to Stealth in a few weeks to get the 263 cams fitted. Strange thing is I've owned a BMC CDA for over 2 years now and never got round to getting it fitted. Might give Vince a ring to see if he can fit at the same time. I just have fears the journey back down the M40 will be a lot louder at cruising speed:(

Going to Stealth in a few weeks to get the 263 cams fitted. Strange thing is I've owned a BMC CDA for over 2 years now and never got round to getting it fitted. Might give Vince a ring to see if he can fit at the same time. I just have fears the journey back down the M40 will be a lot louder at cruising speed:(

It wont. Noise is under load only.