Sign in to follow this  
blair321

Wheres best to get an immobiliser fitted

hi all.... just bought my G60 which has an immobiliser fitted.... it seems to be screwing up and i only have one phob so ive decided i might as well just get a new one. where is the best place to go to get a new one fitted. im in manchester for the next week and then im going to be down in Guildford, Surrey for the summer. any suggestions.

Try Audiolectrics in Macclesfield... very good service, although not the cheapest in the world...

Also, there's a car audio place in Chorlton that's supposed to be rather good, it's just up from the bus station in the center of town...

Gav (H100VW) from the forum is in Manchester and is an insurance approved fiiter AFAIK.

Drop him a line...

Gav's actually in the Warrington area, but works at Manchester Airport and is someone I'd totally forgotten about for alarms... :oops:

Scratch what I said before, PM H100VW and see if he can squeeze you in, 'cos you won't find a better fitter IMHO... 8)

Gav's actually in the Warrington area, but works at Manchester Airport and is someone I'd totally forgotten about for alarms... :oops:

Scratch what I said before, PM H100VW and see if he can squeeze you in, 'cos you won't find a better fitter IMHO... 8)

BLUSH :oops:

sheesh... have you got a filter running for your name which emails you every time someone mentions you?!? :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

Gav - you not coming over during TT week to fit me an alarm then? ;)

sheesh... have you got a filter running for your name which emails you every time someone mentions you?!? :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

No mate, broadband and too much time on mmy hands! :wink:

Gav - you not coming over during TT week to fit me an alarm then? ;)

Not at present Tom, plans to move to another island, Australia, have held up lots of projects for months.

The Syncro G60 Passat is still in bits on the drive and tonight chucked some coolant out to remind me it's still there! Looks like my new water pump will be coming off again.

I can sort you with an alarm to fit yourself if you want. Phone helpline etc.

Gavin

Australia eh? British weather not good enough eh?! :lol:

Think you'll be around in the UK by next Inters? I was planning on getting on the boat, having you sort out the security and then driving down to Inters......

Its a long old process Tom, so I could be?

If I have left, two of my mates went to Thatcham on the same course as me and one of them lives in Warrington. He could sort you out no problems. :)

Gavin

Gav? you can't leave us now.... all these people over here needing your wiring looms and alarm skills! what would we do?!? :shock:

(Jammy git, I'd go to Oz in a flash if an opportunity arose... 8) Wonder how much it'd cost to get my G60 taken over there... ;) :roll: :lol: )

I already have a loom apprentice sorted out for you all.

And another mate can fit alarms.

'No worries mate' :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you are going to be in Guildford from next week and for the summer, then go to Ian Bannings and ask for Andy Bryant (ex C VR6 man) as he is a good guy and knows his stuff and most of all, will take care of your car cos he loves VW's.

john.

I second that, Andy is a great guy who knows his stuff. Thoroughly recommended.

John, I thought Andy worked for Dennis the fire engine company no?

Rado16v, no he changed from there over a year ago now and went back to work for Bannings, whom he used to work for many moons ago under a different owner.

John

Manchester Car Audio are all a good group of guys (VSIB etc). Theyre on the Stockport Road in Longsight

Manchester Car Audio are all a good group of guys (VSIB etc). Theyre on the Stockport Road in Longsight

Yep I can vouch for MCA too - top blokes. My car was in for a new cat 1 because my alarm was playing up and all they did was adjust some sensors on my current alarm and saved me a fair few quid. I've had my ICE supplied and fitted by them too. Too bad you didn't go there seanoVR!!

*edit*

But don't confuse them with Sound Studio next door - they're not so good!

Yep I can vouch for MCA too - top blokes. My car was in for a new cat 1 because my alarm was playing up and all they did was adjust some sensors on my current alarm and saved me a fair few quid. I've had my ICE supplied and fitted by them too. Too bad you didn't go there seanoVR!!

*edit*

What like i did :oops:

*edit*

What like i did :oops:

Yes just like u did!

If you're going to be in Guildford over the summer then you should come for a beer with us lot.. there's a few of us around (Phil K etc)..

il definatley be up for that, ive got quite a few friends in guildford, and alot of them into the VW scene, il be at the june No rice meet, as we film it for http://www.0to60.tv.

il park up next to the rest of the Cs :D :D .....

im sure i read somewhere else on the forum you guys organised a meet around the guildford area. is that a regular thing.

If you're going to be in Guildford, Andy Bryant (former Corrado VR6 owner, Mk2 Golf GTi nut) is your man.

Sigma and Cobra fitted.

Call 01483 301500.