StueyB

Part Breaking: '92 Corrado VR6 - Engine SOLD, Electrics, Interior all available..

Part Breaking a White '92 Corrado VR6...

Quick bit of background, picked this car up a few weeks back with the prior intention of finding a new donor shell for my car.

My Aqua Blue '95 VR6 after many, many years of nie on faultless service and an almost complete mechanical rebuild over last winter is chassis wise very much showing it's age and mileage. Short of ploughing further thousands of pounds into rust removal and restoration work, I've decided on a re-shell approach getting the new shell completely painted, all body mods along the way and then swapping what is essentially a mechanical refurbished under pinnings across.

The part breaker in question is a very early White 1992 Distributor based, Crossover style VR6. Late exterior with early style interior fitting and features.

I've since stripped the car down for a thorough shell/chassis inspection and short of one contained area for repair [previous low speed impact] the shell looks fit for the job.

This has basically left me with a rather large surplus of 'duplicate' parts.

I'll start with a few major items and add more as I come back across them [currently all boxed up for neat storage]

Due to the nature of this 'breaker', this following is a list of what ISN'T AVAILABLE as of yet:

• Body panels - doors, wings, bumpers etc...
  • Rolling Drivetrain - subframe, rear axle, wishbones etc...
  • Chassis Panels - rear arches, battery tray, rear valance etc...

I welcome queries though as this isn't your stereotypical 'car for breaking'....

-----------------------------------

Complete Engine Package: SOLD.

---------------------------------------

Fully Black/Dark Grey Cloth Interior with Hump

Includes:

Two front seats

60/40 split rear seats + squabs & hump.

Front and rear door cards

Good overall clean condition.

Drivers seat needs new bolster and tilt-handle re-attaching.

Drivers door card requires material re-gluing in places.

Rear cards are in excellent condition, bottom corners where they usually snap are perfect.

£100 complete or will split as appropriate.

Pics to come later this week.

---------------------------------------

All manner of parts, clips, bolts, brackets and ancillaries have been removed and are ready to go so please post below.

I'll knock up a list later this week after rifling through the boxes and add further pics.

Thanks,

Stu

Edited by StueyB

Hey mate,

I have a drivers handle with a working key however has the standard broken trigger.

Have a working passenger handle but key doesn't operate the lock.

Both need wires re-attaching also as previous owner had snipped both but happy to solder and insulate for you.

Bit of a crock with regards locks and keys but happy to let either go for £10-15 plus postage.

hi mate the one with the key drivers side.. can u send pics.. instructions on how to fix?

Oh yeah. Supplier of fixing kits on the forum which comes with a how to guide.

Will find you the link when I'm on my Mac later...

How much for the passenger handle? could i have pics please... i assume i can swap locks?

How much for the gearbox? was it in good working order and not noisy?

Many Thanks :-)

I will get you a pic today.

Will have to perform a surgery on the wires for the handle, but happy to do this.

£15 for the Passenger handle.

Lock can be removed, sure there is a how to on the forum as well. Never taken on out myself.

Gearbox feels very slick and no nasty noises during the short driving i did in this car. Goes forward and backwards in the appropriate gears.

£120 collected for the box. Will check it's the correct Corrrado coded VR6 box also.

When it comes to breaking the aqua blue shell are the panels any good? Wings, bonnet, doors.

All panels are/will be in good nick.

Wings are solid but do have the start of a little surface rust on the lips after being rolled.

Doors are very solid and good paint.

Bonnet again solid, a fair few stone chips on the front edge and a small dent from when my front mount decided to let go and allow the engine to pop up.

Overall I'd say 8-9/10 condition wise.

Hi,

I will take the passenger handle if you still have it and assuming the codes ok on the gearbox could you let me know your postcode please and I will see if I can arrange collection.

Thanks

Hi

do you have the passenger wing mirror ,

thanks rod

Holding on to wing mirrors for the time being ready for paint.

Hi,

I will take the passenger handle if you still have it and assuming the codes ok on the gearbox could you let me know your postcode please and I will see if I can arrange collection.

Thanks

Passenger Handle seems to have gone walkies, I'll have a dig later today again and try to find it.

I'll check gearbox code also.

Just so you know I've got a few interested parties in the engine/gearbox package so I'd like to see how they pan out before splitting the engine completely.

However I'll keep you in mind if it does get broken down.

Storm Warning: still hasn't re-appeared. I'll have another good time tomoz as I've got re-organize parts boxes.

Livi1982: I have this section of wire and plug. £12 posted. Will send you payment details by pm.

do you have the rad and hoses and i also need the servo vac pipe that goes all the way to the inlet mani and front crossmember if price is right

Do you have the following, if so could you pm me prices

-Spoiler Motor/Assembly

-Sunroof

-Instrument cluster surround

-Screws/Fixings for the interior (I'm missing so many)

-Washer Bottle + Motor

-Coolant Expansion tank

-Rear number plate tub

Thanks