Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

g60 sounds like it has a dump valve

since i fitted a k&n replacement filter my g60 sounds like it has a dump valve the charger is quite new and has only covered about 10k is this normal :?: its quite a quiet noise, a short soft whistle when lifting off the throttle

could i have a leak :?:

didnt notice it before i changed the air filter :roll:

i am also buying a gwerks chip and pulley from a mate anyone got one fitted what do you think how much are they new :?:

that is totally normal..... because there is a valve that lets the unrequired boost go back to the charger.... the butterfly valve is connected to the throttle butterfly, and is at the other end of the pipe that is on the right hand charger inlet. Some people (me included) take it off as it stops the hot air from the throttle body being sucked in with the cool air...and keeps the charger stone cold...even after 15 mins on the race track.

Just enjoy it!

Some people (me included) take it off as it stops the hot air from the throttle body being sucked in with the cool air...and keeps the charger stone cold...even after 15 mins on the race track.

Just enjoy it!

i was thinking of doing that too what do you do with the pipe from the throttle body :?: i know you need to cap off the charger a mate said he would make a machined alloy cap with a g60 logo to cap that off 8)

what do you do with the pipe from the throttle body :?:

use it as a spare for your central heating, or a toy in the bath, or even better....an attractive addition to the shelf at the back of the shed.

You will also need a catch tank for the oil breather and a filter or two for the isv and the top of the catch tank...depends how u want to set it up.

I have a catch tank with two inlets....for the isv and the breather, and a baby K&N on top.

The mod is a bit noisey, and the performance gains, if any, are minimal, so a lot of peeps put it back on.... but after feeling the charger when i came off the track, i am happy that the slightly anoying noise on part throttle is justifiable!!

I need to get a new video clip of mine mate 8) piiiiiittssshh!!

there are afew video clips of mine....in the knockhil link in my sig.......

i am also buying a gwerks chip and pulley from a mate anyone got one fitted what do you think how much are they new

be carful buying 2nd hand chips are it might not be the right spec for your car.. if you wanna pm me details of your car and the sellers car i can check for you wether its good for you.. :lol: